Wednesday, July 25, 2012

BYU Baby


My cousin just got his first son after three girls, so I thought a baby gift he would like was in order.



This is a softer ripple pattern than I've used before, and I love how it turned out. Definitely more ripply than zig-zaggy.


And I thought the Houndstooth Beanie from Playin' Hooky was a great one for a team colors hat. I've made one for my daughter in her school colors, and she loves to wear it on school pride days. I used an iron-on letter Y because I was too lazy to make one myself - but they're really cheap so it's a good way to go. 


I've been meaning to take a moment to gush about my new favorite yarn. They aren't paying me to say this, though wouldn't it be awesome if they did? My yarn of choice for a while now has been Caron Simply Soft. It is super affordable if you can get it at Walmart, which I'm thankful I can. It costs only slightly more than the cheapest of cheap Red Heart Super Saver. It comes in tons of colors, 6 ounces skeins, and though it's 100% acrylic you'd never know it to feel it. It is so soft and drapey, I just love everything I make with it. This set was made with Simply Soft, as was the Lime and Aqua combo, my daughter's Easter shrug, hat, and doll outfit, countless baby hats...I use it anytime I can get the colors I need. I feel it's soft enough for baby things, which opens up a whole new world of color options for those of us (raising my hand) who are sick of pastel everything for babies. Anyway, I just wanted to share because as much as I depend on the Red Heart Super Saver, this has become my go-to yarn.


No comments: